Skip sidebar navigation


COVID-19 Pandemic

  • On March 23, Oregon Governor Kate Brown issued a Stay Home, Save Lives order.

    See what is and isn’t allowed.

    City response

    • Accessing City Services
    • What the City is Doing
    • Daily Updates from Mayor Bemis
    Accessing City Services
    What the City is Doing
    • On March 12, the City declared a state of emergency to ensure access to regional, state and federal resources when they might be needed. 
    • Gresham City Hall at 1333 NW Eastman Parkway is closed to walk-in customers. The City building is closed until further notice. Services are being provided online and by phone.
    • Many events have been canceled or postponed. See our events calendar for more information.
    • Essential services such as Police and Fire will continue to serve the public. 
    • The City partially activated its Emergency Operations Center to continue to coordinate resources and responses to COVID-19. Leadership will continue to meet daily to plan for providing essential services while ensuring the safety of the public and our workforce. Regular updates to the community will be available on as well as the City’s social media channels as this situation continues to evolve.

    Residential renter protection

    Gresham City Council took emergency action on March 19 to bar residential landlords from evicting renters during the state of emergency for any reason connected to the emergency, or for no reason at all via so-called “no-cause” evictions. The provisions apply for the duration of the declared State of Emergency. Landlords violating the order risk losing their City of Gresham rental license, which allows them to conduct business in Gresham.

    Contact: 503-618-2248 or

    Commercial tenant protection

    Gresham City Council took emergency action on March 19 to bar commercial property owners from terminating commercial leases for any purpose connected to the declared State of Emergency. Those who violate the moratorium will be denied a license to conduct business at their location for one year following the conclusion of the State of Emergency.

    Contact: 503-618-2463 or

    Small business emergency grants

    The City has identified funding to provide grants to offer temporary relief to businesses significantly impacted by the statewide stay-at-home order. Qualifying Gresham business owners will receive one-time grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000.

    Read more about phase II of the small business emergency grant program.

    Small business technical assistance

    City staff are tracking the state, federal and private resources to help small businesses during this difficult time. Contact our Small Business Technical Assistance Team for information about these resources, or assistance preparing the required forms at or 503-618-2115.

    Operation Gresham Connected

    City staff are calling longtime Gresham utility account holders and other vulnerable residents, to ensure people are safe and have the information they need. Staff will refer residents to services, and even do their best to help courier critical pickups and deliveries. Community-based organizations, churches or neighborhood groups with directories of vulnerable residents  can reach out to Operation Gresham Connect, and City staff will give them a call to check in.

    Daily Updates from Mayor Bemis

    Visit our YouTube channel to watch daily updates from Mayor Bemis. 

    Transcript of Mayor's message: March 26, 2020

  • Community resources

  • Public Health

    For information about what to do if you’re sick, how to care for a member of your family, as well as guidance for churches, schools and businesses, visit Multnomah County's website or call 2-1-1.

    Multnomah County Coronavirus FAQs: Read frequently asked questions related to COVID-19 topics, such as general health, traveler health, provider health, and animal health.  

    Submit a question about the novel coronavirus:Still have a question about this virus? Ask health experts through this online form. 

    Food Access
    Oregon Food Bank Food Finder

    Meals on Wheels

    SnowCap Community Charities

    Birch Community Services

    Food sources for takeout and delivery

    Gresham takeout and delivery guide

    In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in an effort to ensure the citizens of Gresham are able to fully access all of the food and drink options available and assist local business owners struggling to remain open during this crisis, the City is listing all food and drink establishments that are able to provide food and drink in accordance with Gov. Brown's Executive Order 20-07 known to the City.

    The inclusion of the food and drink establishments is provided only as general information for the purposes detailed above and may be incomplete or outdated; the City of Gresham cannot and does not endorse or favor any business.

    Internet Access

    Several internet service providers have lifted their data caps, expanded their low-income programs and are offering new or improve tele-education services. 

    Comcast Internet Essentials:Any new Internet Essentials customers will receive the first two months service free of charge and Comcast will assist them with the acquisition of a notebook computer. 

    AT&T:AT&T is offering Cisco Webex Meetings for 90 days to businesses, universities and schools.

    T-Mobile:T-Mobile is working with its partners to provide its Lifeline customers with extra free data up to 5 GB per month over the next two months. T-Mobile is also increasing the free data allowance for students and schools in the EmpowerED digital learning programs, ensuring that they’ve got at least 20 GB of data per month for the next 60 days.