Skip sidebar navigation

Community Resources

  • Code Compliance

    Report a code violation

    Report through My Gresham or call 503-618-2248.

    • Our Livability Team assists property owners in resolving general nuisance issues in Gresham. These include: abandoned vehicles, parking, junk and garbage, graffiti, overgrown vegetation, connecting homeless in need to services, and RV parking permits.
    • Our Neighborhood Enforcement Team (NET) solves the toughest chronic issues, including abandoned/zombie properties, homeless camps, marijuana issues, and occupied RVs.

    Read more about Code Compliance.

    Community Enhancement Grants

    The  Community Enhancement Advisory Committee allocates grants for projects that improve the quality of life for the Gresham community.

    Grants are available to:

    • Nonprofit and charitable organizations
    • Neighborhood associations
    • Schools and institutions of higher learning
    • Faith-based groups
    • Local government advisory committees, departments and special districts

    Read more about Community Enhancement Grants.

    Fences and Property Lines

    The City's Planner on Duty can:

    • Assist with zoning inquiries.
    • Tell you what uses are allowed.
    • Answer questions about land use procedures and other questions related to the City’s Development Code.

    Call 503-618-2780 or

    The City does not provide survey services for private property owners.

    For assistance with property surveying you need to contact a private survey company. 

    Read more about fences and property lines

    Food Access

    Community food resources

    SnowCap Community Charities

    Food pantry serving individuals and families in Gresham and East Multnomah County. 

    Who qualifies: Multnomah County residents living east of 82nd. No income restrictions.

    You will need to: If you are housed, provide proof of address dated within the last 30 days, such as a utility bill (electronic version on phone is fine). No other documents needed.

    To get help:

    1. Come to SnowCap. Minimum to no contact is needed. One person at a time per family, please. Location and hours at
    2. A friend, family member or helping professional may pick up food on your behalf. Send a note/text with them or call/email SnowCap to give your permission, 503-674-8785 or
    Birch Community Services

    Food, clothing and household items as well as financial self-sufficiency classes and one-on-one counseling for enrolled participants.

    Who qualifies: Working families who are not receiving SNAP or TANF, but struggling to make ends meet.
    You will need to: Apply online, meet with the financial counselor. A monthly service fee and volunteer hours are required.

    To get help: Apply online at or call 503-251-5431.

    Meals on Wheels

    Daily home-based meal deliveries.

    Who qualifies: Seniors.

    You will need to: The cost of each meal is $9.05. Diners over age 60 are asked to contribute what they can afford. 

    To get help: Visit to sign up or call 503-736-6325.

    Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

    Food, nutrition resources and breastfeeding support to low-income families in Multnomah County.

    Who qualifies: You may qualify for WIC assistance if you're pregnant, a new mom, or if you have a baby or young children under 5 years old. Dads, legal guardians, grandparents and foster parents can apply for WIC for their children. For more information visit the Multnomah County WIC page.

    For appointments or to apply: Call 503-988-3503 or email

    Free breakfast and lunch school meals

    Who qualifies: Students K-12. Free breakfast and lunch is available at every school in Multnomah County.

    You will need to: Apply

    To get help: Visit free school meals for program rules and eligibility.

    Oregon Food Bank Food Finder

    Find food near you. Enter your location to find free groceries, meals or fresh produce.

    To get help: Visit Oregon Food Bank Food Finder.

      SNAP (food stamps)

      Benefits you can use to purchase food at grocery stores and farmers’ markets.

      Who qualifies: Those at 200% or less of federal poverty level. Example: A family of four making $4,625 or less a month.

      You will need: Proof of income for the last 30 days or a financial aid letter if you are a student.

      To get help: Learn more and sign up online at, call 503-320-6658 or email


      211 can help you navigate through the resources that work best for you and your family. 

      To get help: Call 2-1-1, email or text your zip code to 898211. Information is also online at

      Graffiti Removal

      It is the property owner's responsibility to remove graffiti.

      Report graffiti

      If your property was tagged with graffiti, you should file a police report:

      Use My Gresham to report graffiti on someone else's property, including public property.

      Graffiti removal kits

      Free graffiti removal kits are available through Code Compliance at City Hall. Each kit contains small bottles of graffiti removal solution, gloves, goggles, a mask and a scrub pad.

      For more information about graffiti removal, contact Code Compliance at 503-618-2248.

      Read more about graffiti removal.

      Hold an Event in Gresham

      Find what you need to hold an event in Gresham, including event permits, block parties, City sponsorships, picnic shelter reservations, etc.

      Read more about holding an event in Gresham


      We know it can be complicated knowing what housing resources are out there. The City’s housing resources coordinator, Lauren Moran, can help narrow it down for you and steer you in the right direction.

      Read more about housing resources.

      Keeping Chickens

      If you're thinking about keeping backyard chickens in Gresham, know these rules before getting started.

      Gresham Revised Code Article 7.17 outlines rules and regulations:

      • You must obtain a permit from the City before keeping chickens. 
      • No roosters are allowed.
      • Up to three adult hens may be kept on residential property with a single-family dwelling.
      • Chickens must be kept in a coop from 10:00 pm-7:00 am.
      • The coop must be kept at least 25 feet from any neighboring dwelling and 10 feet from the property line.
      • The coop must have at least 2 feet of floor space per adult chicken.
      • The coop and run may only be located in the rear yard.
      • The run must be kept at least 10 feet from the property line.
      • The chickens, coop and run must be maintained to not violate the City’s nuisance code relating to noise, odor, damage or threats to public safety.
      • Some homeowners associations don’t allow chickens. Consult yours. 

      Read more about keeping chickens in Gresham.

      Backyard chicken permit application

      Neighborhood Associations

      Getting involved with your Neighborhood Association is a great way to connect with neighbors and stay up to date on projects and improvements happening within your neighborhood. 

      Find your neighborhood

      Gresham Neighborhood Associations

      Neighborhood Ready

      The City's crime prevention and disaster preparedness program for neighborhoods.  

      Start a Neighborhood Ready group.

      Prescription Drug and Medical Waste Disposal

      Learn how to safely dispose of prescription drugs, sharp containers and other medical waste.

      Prescription drug disposal information

      Severe Weather

      Visit our severe weather page for weather-related information, including road conditions and utilities.

      Severe weather information

      Social Services

      Learn more about social services available in Gresham and beyond.


      Trees in Gresham are regulated differently depending on their location, purpose, size and type. The City regulates the cutting of trees by making sure too many aren’t cut down at once, trees are replaced to maintain or add to our tree inventory, and damaged or overgrown trees don’t become a hazard to you and your neighbors.

       More about trees in Gresham