Emergency Warming Shelters
For current warming shelter information, dial 2-1-1.
Transit and Transportation
With anticipated low temperatures and possible snow, the City's Transportation division and Multnomah County will apply the anti-icing agent FreezGard to local bridges, hills, curves and some intersections.
Locations of this treatment include:
- All 10 City bridges
- SW Hartley – SW Highland to SW Highland (190th)
- Fire Station 73 Add. 2301 SW Pleasant view
- SW Brittany – SW Hartley to dead end (west)
- SW Walters Hill – SW trail to top of Walters
- W. & E. Powell Blvd – 17nd to 282nd (intersections and hills)
- SE 202nd – (Birdsdale) Powell to Burnside
- SE 212th (Wallula) – Powell to Burnside
- NW & SW Eastman Pkwy. (Towle) Division to Butler
- NW Civic Dr. Division to Burnside (hills)
- Fire Station 71 – 1333 NW Eastman Pkwy
- SE Hogan – Division to S. City limits
- SE Regner Rd. – Roberts to S. City Limits
- SE Meadows Ct.– off 19th and Regner top and bottom
- SE Butler – Hogan to Highland/190th
- SE Williams – Powell Valley Rd. to Division
- SE Kane – Division to 1st
- Fire Station 72 – Add. 500 NE Kane
- SE 17th East to City Limits
- SE 282nd – Powell Valley to Orient
- SE Chase Rd. – 282nd to East City Limits
- SE Palmquist – Palmblad to Orient
- SE & NE 162nd – Division to I-84
- SE 223rd – Division to Stark
- NE 223rd – Glisan to Stark
- Fire Station 74 – Add. 1520 NE 192nd (north of Halsey)
- NE Division Dr – 257th to Troutdale Rd
- NE Glisan – 162nd to 238th
- NE Marine Dr. – Gresham city limits in conjunction with Multnomah County’s jurisdiction
Stay home when conditions are too dangerous to travel safely. If you must travel check road conditions before you head out.
During snowstorms, the City focuses its limited resources on plowing primary and secondary roads so fire and emergency services can function. We do not routinely plow neighborhood streets. Use our interactive plowing map to see if your street is categorized as primary, secondary or neighborhood.
Stay on top of the changing weather conditions and related closures.
- Sign up to receive Flash Alerts on critical winter weather information, including street closures and safety alerts.
- Visit the National Weather Service website for local weather advisories.
- Listen to updates from the National Weather Service and City emergency information at 1610 AM.
- For comprehensive information about preparedness visit Emergency Management.