Whitney Heichel Missing Person Update - Oct. 18
The following are items shared during the press briefing held at Gresham City Hall on Oct. 18, 2012 at 4:00 p.m. Participants at the briefing were Gresham Police Lieutenant Claudio Grandjean, Whitney Heichel’s husband Clint Heichel and Clint’s family spokesperson Jim Vaughn.
- East County Major Crimes Team Detectives, Oregon State Police Forensics and Multnomah County Search and Rescue have been searching the area of Larch Mountain all day and continue to search as of the time of the press briefing.
- The Search and Rescue (SAR) provided 10 members today; they provided 15 members for searches yesterday.
- All members are trained in search and rescue as well as evidence recovery. All members are volunteers.
- Multnomah County also provided air support in the form of an airplane to assist in the search, as Larch Mountain is heavily wooded and steep terrain.
- There have been an additional 21 tips called in today to our tips line since the last press briefing at 10:00 a.m.
- The Gresham Police Department would like to recognize Starbucks and Walmart for their support in this investigation, as both have contributed numerous man-hours and large amounts of video to support the investigation.
- To address a persistent rumor that we have been asked about repeatedly today: The Medical Examiner is not on Larch Mountain and a body has not been found.
There are no further updates to report at this time. The next briefing is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:00 a.m., unless there is a breaking development to share.
Missing person poster for Whitney Heichel