East Metro Mediation
Mediation is a way to work through a disagreement or conflict between two or more people.
The mediation process is facilitated by an impartial mediator who provides a safe setting for both sides of the issue to be expressed. The mediator helps clarify the issues and clear up misunderstandings so the people involved can consider their options for improving the future.
Mediation is a free service provided to individuals and businesses in:
- Wood Village
- Unincorporated eastern Multnomah County
You can watch a short video of a mediation meeting, or a short video of individual mediation in a situation with a noisy neighbor.
Learn more about Mediation.
Watch mediators Anthony and Elizabeth explain mediation.
East Metro Mediation can help in a variety of conflict areas:
- Business and Workplace Mediation gives businesses tools for solving problems such as consumer complaints and employee disputes.
- Elder Mediation provides specialized services to help older adults, families and caregivers address situations that surface as part of aging.
- Housing Conflicts
- Mediación en Español Mediación ayuda a la gente a resolver problemas entre vecinos y otros.
- Neighborhood Mediation helps neighbors resolve disagreements over many common neighbor to neighbor issues from property line disputes to noise.
- Training in Conflict Resolution includes classes for the public, mediation professionals, schools and community groups on communication and conflict resolution.
- Tips for Talking Though Troubles
Email email@example.com to receive East Metro Mediation's e-mail notices for timely information about upcoming events, mediation in the news, and tips for effective communication and problem solving.