Citizen Volunteers in Policing Program
Citizens making a positive difference in our community
Gresham’s Citizen Volunteers in Policing are the eyes and ears of the Police Department and create a visible presence in our parks, trails, residential areas and commerce centers. Volunteers do not carry weapons, confront suspects, or participate in altercations; they observe and report. In addition, CVIPs:
- Deliver food boxes.
- Participate in community events.
- Report graffiti and community events.
- Patrol along City trails using a Gator mobile.
- Issue handicapped parking citations.
- Deploy the speed radar trailer.
- Assist with curfew sweeps.
- Initiate patrols of residential areas, parks, school grounds and commercial areas.
- Must be 21 years of age and older.
- Must live or own a business within the city limits of Gresham.
- Must pass a DMV and criminal background check.
In addition, an appointment to the program requires attendance at an orientation meeting, followed by an interview with the City's Chief of Police.
If you have questions about the CVIP program please contact Sgt. Mike Amend at 503-618-2894 or Mike.Amend@GreshamOregon.gov.