Trends and Statistics
CrimeReports.com is a user-friendly and interactive site that makes police calls for service available online.
- Information is updated daily.
- Data is based on all calls for service and not just calls in which a written report was generated.
- Not all calls turn out to be a crime or what was originally reported (i.e., shots fired may only be fireworks).
- CrimeReports.com is a web-based company and is not part of the City of Gresham or the Gresham Police Department.
- Adobe Flash Player required.
Property Crime Trends
The following neighborhood property crime pin maps show all activity reports of burglaries, car prowls and vehicle thefts or unauthorized use of vehicles (UUV) in the Gresham area. Maps will be generated bi-monthly.
Calls for Service Reports
The following reports present Gresham Police workload information. This is accomplished by capturing calls for police service data from the 911 dispatch (Bureau of Emergency Communication-BOEC) center, and comparing and analyzing workload on a monthly and annual basis.
Crime Prevention Tips/Trends for October:
October is Crime Prevention Month as well as Halloween time. Learn how to celebrate both together with these tips from the National Crime Prevention Council.
- Clear your yard and sidewalk of any obstacles or decorations that may be hard to see in the dark, lest someone go bump in the night.
- Keep your house well light inside and out to keep vandals and other goblins away.
- Ask your Neighborhood Watch or local citizen's group to haunt (patrol) your community.
- Try makeup instead of masks. It's more comfortable and doesn't obstruct vision.
- Check to ensure that costumes are flame-retardant so that young ones are safe around jack-o'-lanterns, candles and other flames.
- Look for brightly colored costumes, attach reflector strips to costumes and bags, and remind trick-or-treaters to carry glow sticks and flashlights.
- Remind your children not to enter strange houses or cars.
- After a successful and safe night around the neighborhood, remember that treats still need scrutiny before anyone eats them.
- Remind kids not to eat everything at once, lest they be green even without the makeup.