On Feb. 11 an application workshop was held for sponsors seeking funds for potential housing and community development projects in 2014-2015. View the workshop presentation.
Complete applications are due by 4:30 p.m. Feb. 24 for funding available after July 1.
The primary goals for these funds are to:
- Enhance viable communities
- Develop public facilities
- Assist with the rehabilitation and development of appropriate, affordable housing
- Economic development
- Assist first time homebuyers
- Provide limited funds for public services
How to Apply
Apply for CDBG and HOME funding.
For fillable Word format versions, please contact Laurie Wells at Laurie.Wells@GreshamOregon.gov or 503-618-2404.
The City's Community Revitalization program:
- Builds affordable housing
- Builds public improvements in qualified neighborhoods
- Pays for needed services for families and individuals
- Writes housing policy for Gresham City Council
Funds for this program come from the Community Development Block Grant and HOME programs of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The CDBG and HOME Program invests over $1.2 million in federal grants and loans annually in area non-profit organizations and other groups to provide services, public facilities, and affordable housing for low and moderate-income residents and neighborhoods. A map of pre-qualified census blocks is provided based on the 2000 census. Each year the City is required to submit an application for funding.
A new service is available to help people find affordable housing throughout the Portland Metro Region.
Visit Housing Connections for up-to-date listings of available apartments for rent and homes for sale.
For more information contact Laurie Wells at Laurie.Wells@GreshamOregon.gov or 503-618-2404.