Standard curbside service includes weekly collection of garbage, recyclables and yard debris.
- A designated hauler provides garbage service.
- Garbage haulers offer a range of services, including large item hauling for a fee and clean-up containers and drop boxes.
- Rates vary by the size of the garbage can or cart.
- Citizens can reduce rates by decreasing waste and maximizing recycling.
Haulers and Rates: Contact your hauler to start service.
Garbage Collection Tips
- Haulers provide residents with 20, 35, 60 or 90-gallon wheeled carts. Extra garbage may be set out in a standard 32 gallon garbage can with lid or in sealed garbage bags. Extra charges may apply.
- Place garbage, yard debris and recyclables at the curb by 6 a.m. on collection day and remove from curb within 24 hours of service.
How to Set Out Cans, Carts and Bins
- Try donating first; call the Metro Recycling Hotline for options, 503-234-3000.
- Haulers usually can take large items for an extra fee.
- Call the hauler in advance for collection arrangements and cost.
Clean-up Containers and Drop Boxes
Haulers can provide one-time service for large jobs with 2 cubic yard to 4 cubic yard containers; or for very large jobs, a 10-yard to 40-cubic yard drop box. Contact your hauler to arrange service and fees information.