Council Citizen Advisory Committees

Councilors Lori Stegmann and Josh Fuhrer meeting with Gresham residentsThe City Council appoints residents to committees and boards to advise the Council on certain decisions and policy matters. The work of the Council Citizen Advisory Committees (CCACs) is primarily derived from the Council Work Plan.







Committee members are appointed to three-year terms with the exception of Planning Commissioners, who serve four-year terms. Board members are appointed by the Gresham City Council unless otherwise noted. Committees may appoint subcommittees and task forces.

Citizen Volunteers Needed 

The City is currently recruiting citizen volunteers for openings on citizen advisory committees and commissions. We are looking for qualified applicants with a variety of skills and a committed interest in serving our community.  If you are a Gresham resident, please consider applying for one of the following opportunities:   

  • Gresham Art Committee
  • Citizen Involvement Committee
  • Commission on Children and Families
  • Design Commission
  • Historic Resources Committee
  • Natural Resources and Sustainability Committee 
  • Planning Commission

Citizen Volunteer Application 

More Information

For more information about Council Citizen Advisory Committees please call 503-618-2871.

Gresham Redevelopment Commission Citizen Advisory Committee

In addition to these openings, the Gresham Redevelopment Commission Advisory Committee (GRDCAC) has three openings for a Member at Large, a representative from the City of Gresham Planning Commission, and a representative from the Rockwood Business Coalition.  (When possible, candidates who are residents of the Rockwood-West Gresham Urban Renewal Area shall receive preference in appointment.)

GRDCAC Application 

More Information

For more information on the GRDCAC visit the GRDCAC web page or contact Urban Renewal at 503-618-2545.