Earth Day Recycling Event is April 18 - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Bring those items that cannot be recycled at the curb to the Earth Day Collection Event held at Gresham City Hall. The City's annual recycling event is free to Gresham and Wood Village residents.
Check the Waste Wizard to look up those hard-to-recycle items that will not be collected. Also, read about Year Round Recycling because recycling is not a once-a-year activity.
Collection Item Details
- New this year - small appliances and small electronics (see list of examples)
- Large Rigid plastics/clean plastic bags - for items not accepted in curbside recycling
- No small plastics accepted (lids, caps, cups, fast-food containers)
- Block Styrofoam / clean and dry (no squishy foam or food related)
- Paper ONLY shredding (limit two grocery bags per household)
- Fluorescent tubes and bulbs / boxes available at city hall
- Cell phones and smart phones
- Batteries (three-pound limit per household)
- For safety concerns, please tape the ends of your 9-volt batteries when storing for this Earth Day event.
- No computer related or televisions will be accepted.
- TVs, computers and monitors can be recycled for free year-round at several recycling sites in Gresham; see Oregon E-Cycles for information.
- Total Reclaim accepts TV's, computers and other electronic items for recycling; go to Total Reclaim for information.
Businesses - Only Fluorescents
- Limit to 30 Fluorescent tubes and bulbs
No Hazardous Waste
- Metro has two household hazardous waste facilities open for drop-off. See Metro's website for more information.
- Metro also holds household hazardous collection events; visit Metro's website for more information.
For more information about the Earth Day recycling event or other recycling questions, contact Cherie Ludwig at 503-618-2518 or Cherie.Ludwig@GreshamOregon.gov.