Annual Earth Day Recycling Event
Every year the City holds a free recycling event in April around Earth Day. The recycling event is free to Gresham and Wood Village residents (businesses may only participate in recycling fluorescents).
Or, take your items to a recycler year-round. Contact Metro Recycling at 503-234-3000 for location and material information.
2013 Earth Day Collection Results
- More than 1,050 cars dropped off recyclable items
- 140 cubic yards of block foam (enough to fill a 52-foot tractor trailer)
- 110 cubic yards of rigid plastics and plastic sacks
- 6.5 tons of shredded paper
- 2.4 linear miles of fluorescent tube lights
- 97 cell phones
- 15 cubic yards of cardboard
Electronics and Hazardous Waste
The City does not accept electronics or Hazardous Waste at the Earth Day recycling event.
Options for Recycling:
- TVs, computers and monitors can be recycled for free year-round at several recycling sites in Gresham, see Oregon E-Cycles for information.
- Total Reclaim Accepts TV's, Computers and other electronic items for recycling; go to Total Reclaim's website for information.
- Metro has two household hazardous waste facilities open for drop-off. See Metro's website for more information.
- Metro also holds household hazardous collection events, see Metro's website for more information.
For information about the Earth Day recycling event contact Cherie Ludwig at 503-618-2518 or Cherie.Ludwig@GreshamOregon.gov.