Food and Beverage Carts
Join us on June 26 from 6 to 8 p.m. in room 2A at City Hall for a Food and Beverage Carts and Temporary Uses open house. Review draft changes to City development rules, review processes and fees related to these two projects.
You can share your thoughts and ideas with staff about this project or the Temporary Uses project by using our comment form.
The Food and Beverage Carts project will develop clear rules and processes for carts on private property (not on streets and sidewalks) based on community expectations about the role of carts in Gresham.
The rules will:
- Address appropriate time, place and manner in which carts operate
- Address cart and property appearance
- Protect public health, safety and the environment consistent with federal, state, regional and local codes
- Ensure fees are appropriate for the level of review and impacts on infrastructure
- Be clear to staff and clearly communicated to potential and current food cart operators and property owners where food carts locate
- Be enforceable considering the City's Code Compliance resource limitations
The project will be completed by Aug. 2013.
This is a component of the Development Code Improvement Project (DCIP), which is on the Council Work Plan. It will be coordinated with the related Temporary Uses component of the DCIP project.
Stay Current on Project Development
If you would like to receive periodic updates on this project, please contact Brian Martin at 503-618-2266 or Brian.Martin@GreshamOregon.gov.
View project documents and meeting materials.
Brian Martin, Associate Planner